Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shoeless Saturday

Today we started the day with a Jumping Castle being delivered to the house for our 4th of July gathering.  The family we rent it from left for vacation today and asked if they could bring it a day early…we didn't object.  It gave my frady cat daughter a chance to get brave enough to jump by herself and gave my afraid of nothing son a chance to get limbered up to keep up with the big kids tomorrow. SANY1694 SANY1693 SANY1692

After jumping, we headed over to waseca for a festival the historical society was having.  We only have two kids, but sometimes it seems like 12.  Don’t get me wrong, as Brennan gets older going places gets easier and easier, but some days getting out the door seems frantic.  Today went pretty smooth, we all load up in the van, myself always last out the door making sure milks are full, we have a nuk , diapers, ect….  We make the journey to Waseca, park the van and get ready to go.  Kory gets Norah out, I get Brennan and I hear Kory tell Norah to get her sandals back on(she usually kicks them off in the car).  Next thing I hear is Norah saying “I didn’t wear any”.  What?  You seriously didn’t put any shoes on before you got in the van?  It is at this time that a parent could scream at their child or their spouse and believe me we probably both considered that, but by this time Norah was crying because she didnt wear shoes, and knew that she was in trouble.  So, long story short, Norah is the proud owner of red, white and blue flip flops purchased at the waseca walmart.  So about 20 mins later than planned we got to the festival that I had no idea what it was about.  I turned out to be a lot of fun for the kids.  There was music and crafts and walking in the woods.  SANY1700 SANY1697 SANY1698 SANY1699

After the festival we went to a super cute candy store in Waseca.  It is called Miss Nancy’s Candy Store.  Almost any candy/candy bar you can dream of is there.  Norah got a variety of flavored tootsie rolls, and Brennan thought his Nerds Rope was delish!  Yep they are spoiled.

After Norah had a nap, I scooped her up and we went to get our toes done.( Yes, I got over the whole shoe fiasco….she felt really bad and is only 3.)  I had been wanting a pedicure and Norah loves having her nails polished, so I took her and they polished her up while I got a pedicure.  She was super good and loved every minute.  SANY1705  SANY1706

We had  a great day and we still have the Holiday tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment