Friday, August 6, 2010

If this is 30, I’m in

Well, I’ll tell you what.  My 30th birthday was by far the best birthday ever!  Leading up to the big day for Dawn and I, our husbands told us we needed to take the day off of work.  We were not told what we were going to do except for that we would have supper at La Plaza Morena with our families.  About a week before they told us to pick where we would like to go out for breakfast that morning.  We decided on the Kernel.  The day arrived and we headed out for breakfast with our husbands and kiddos.  On a side note, Kory had told me that Jason had taken the day off of work and that we would all spend the day together(as in couples and 4 kids).  Jason never told Dawn, so I didn’t either to keep it a surprise for her.  Believe me I love my kids, but a birthday chasing kids around didn’t seem like a “surprise” to me, but whatever.  I didn't have to work and got to get some extra time with the kids.  So I can honestly say that even on the morning of my birthday I thought for sure we were headed to the zoo.  Ok, so back to the day.  We are enjoying breakfast at the Kernel, and Dawn and I exchanged presents, I got a massage and a book gift card.  Awesome.  So about 20 mins into our meal, we were each handed an envelope to open.  Inside was a letter informing us that we were headed to Northfield for a day of relaxing and shopping without Husbands or children.  It turns out Kory lied to me from day one.  Kory and Jason had lined up appointments in Northfield for each of us to get 60 min massages, have time to shop and for lunch, then we each had appointments for pedicures later. It was so awesome!  Wait…there’s more.  When we ready to leave the Kernel and head to Northfield, a limo pulled up to pick us up and take us there!  Can you believe it?!?!?!? They really went over the top to make our day special, and turning 30 was a piece of cake done like that!  At the end of our day in Northfield, the limo picked us back up and dropped us off for supper with our family!  It was so great, THANKS again Kory and Jason…..we won’t forget that birthday ever!SANY1794 SANY1791 SANY1792

1 comment: